Thursday, November 3, 2011

Best idea ever!

I have never heard of this before, but I just had to share. First a long story made really short. Margaret, now 17 months old, broke her femur about two weeks ago while going down the slide with her older sister. It was a pretty dramatic afternoon and evening from when it happened until she found herself in a body cast, but all in all she's doing GREAT.


One amazing aspect of all of this has been experiencing the blessing of grace upon grace from our church family and beyond. We have not had to cook a meal in 2 weeks. Margaret has been showered with cards that make her smile. Lots of folks have offered to help in different ways.

Today I received the most adorable gift basket that I just had to share. It's called a "Sunshine Basket," and it came from the women at the Methodist Church in town. It's a gift they give to caregivers, and it's just awesome. I don't actually know what all the pieces are yet. There are maybe 7 or 8 little wrapped presents for me to open one at a time, day by day. I opened one today, and it was as simple as a tea towel, but I love it. What a wonderful, wonderful idea.

Feel free to steal. I'm fairly certain I will!

1 comment:

Common Household Mom said...

The poor girl! That looks uncomfortable. I hope she, and you, make it through the long wait time and have complete healing.