Friday, June 3, 2011

Friday Five: Summer Reruns

Songbird gave us this Friday Five over at Revgals:
It's that time of year when the only new things on television are music/dance competitions (the 21st century answer to variety shows?). Yes, it's the season of reruns.

This week the clock turned back to last fall and the Glee kids went back to school and still got "slushied," and Michael hired his nephew on The Office, which was not something even he would be likely to repeat.

In honor of this annual Time Warp, please share five things worth a repeat. These could be books, movies, CDs, recipes, vacations, or even TV shows.


1. Well, I'm playing as I am watching a NEW episode of Friday Night Lights, so although it's not a rerun I have to start with it. I rediscovered the show last summer when I was home on maternity leave. Watched the entire first four seasons when I was up nights nursing my Pearl. It does a spring/summer season for new shows apparently. Thrilled. I won't miss it and would watch it over and over.

2. Not so proud, but honest - - Angry Birds. Apparently it's worth the repeat for me because I play it too. damn. much.

3. Tina Fey's book, Bossypants. Thanks for the recommendation, Jules! Haven't finished it yet, but that partly because I keep rereading the stuff I've already read.

4. My good friend's blog Graceful Like a Chicken. We grew up together way down in FL and now live 45 miles from each other on different ends of the Twin Cities. She's not a RevGal, but could definitely be a Pal, and I'm fairly certain her pastor is grooming her for some sort of more formalized lay ministry. I'm not Methodist. I don't know the right words for that in her church. She'd be awesome and her blog is worth 500 reads.

5. And last, I'd give anything to feel again what I felt when I crossed the finish line at my first 5K race again. It was only 2 weeks ago and I'm doing my second tomorrow. I don't feel as ready for this one as I felt for that one because I didn't get out as much since that last one, but I think I'll finish. The feeling of doing it and running the whole thing last time was just awesome. I NEVER would have imagined I could do it, but I did. And I'm going to do it again. I might even do a 10K at the end of the summer. No. freaking. way.

No comments: