Tuesday, May 24, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Maybe, Day 24

Ah....vacation couldn't just end quietly. It's 10:42 pm, and I just put Pearl to bed. There was also the late evening phone call that pulled me out of my TV induced stupor. Oy vey.

Oh well. It's been a good vacation just being here at home. I really haven't had to deal with anything which is awesome. I have a lot I'm going back to, including a funeral at the end of the week, but I have been able to really be away from it all even without leaving town, this whole week. That's been a blessing. I'm so glad I can finally do that. Maybe I should have just done it earlier in my time at this church, but it didn't feel like I could. I'm not sure I trusted the folks who stayed behind to work, and I certainly didn't trust myself enough walk away and not be involved in what was behind. I didn't trust the work I had done. I didn't trust my own dispensable nature if that makes sense. I didn't trust the Holy Spirit to work with or without me.

But this vacation I was able to be away. Maybe they've changed. Maybe She's changed. Maybe I've changed. Maybe it's a little bit of all of us, but I have been away without even leaving town, and it has been a blessing. Now it's time to go back.

No comments: