Saturday, May 21, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Maybe, Day 21

Maybe I should have pushed harder. I ran my first 5K race today, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I LOVED it. I really did. I did the whole thing in 35 minutes which was pretty good. I didn't know how far I was at any giving point along the course so I was afraid to push myself too hard part way through in case I still had a long way to go. I finished feeling really good, not at all sore or achy like I am on my training days much of the time. I could have gone faster. Maybe.

I have sort of a funny history with God. it seems that every time I say I'll NEVER do something, I end up doing it. I'll never go to seminary. I'll never be a parish pastor. I'll never meet a man willing to meet a pastor (well, that one was a little different). I'll never enjoy exercise. And even more I'll NEVER run. Now I have and not only that I like it. After dinner tonight I even felt like I wanted to go out again. God has a funny sense of humor. I noticed this about some of the "big" things, the spiritual things, the call things a few years ago. It never occurred to me that it would work with something like running and exercising, too. But it did. The thing I swore I'd never do and definitely never like has become pretty important and life-giving to me.

Please don't tell me this means I'll have to move to Florida again sometime. Really. I'll NEVER do that!

No comments: