Friday, May 20, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Maybe, Day 20

My baby turned one today. Sweet baby girl. Being so tiny makes it seem like time is going slower, but I can't really deny it. And I can't stop it.

I don't want to. I mean, I can't wait to see who she turns into, what she will be like. K decided M needed a baby "a soft baby, Mommy, not a hard one that will hurt her when it hits her in the head." M has been hugging that baby and carrying it around all night. It is so sweet. She'll be a beautiful, caring girl.

But at the same time, maybe I do want to freeze time. Maybe I do want to cuddle her for years more not just months. Maybe I do want to nurse her morning and night and when she bonks and when she wakes up at little bit grumpy. Maybe I do want her to stay a baby a little bit longer because she's my last baby and I'm not quite ready to say goodbye to that chapter yet.

Happy Birthday, Pearl! I sure do love you!

No comments: