Monday, May 2, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Maybe, Day 2

What was a I thinking deciding to try this daily blog thing in May? I should have tried February when there are fewer days. 31? I don't know if I have a chance of coming close. A blogger that I follow celebrated when she finished one month saying, roughly, that none of her posts were just random stuff to write fill in the space. I don't think I can promise that.

Maybe I'm not cut out to be a writer. Not that I'm trying to be a WRITER-writer, but maybe not I'm not cut out to be a reflective, inspiring, journaling, challenging, processing writer. And maybe that's OK.

Because when I was thinking about today's post, all i could think of was the song "Maybe" in the movie Annie. I love it - - the movie and the song. It opens the whole show. It's the song of an orphan, longing for a different life. It was from the moment I saw the movie at the age of 4 or 5 my favorite song. How depressing! I used to organize playground games of "Annie" at recess, and each game, no matter what scene we were re-enacting , would begin with my brilliant rendition of "Maybe." What was going on with me?

I could armchair-psychoanalyze that to death, but it's probably not that hard. Child experiencing divorce at a young age. Doing the parent shuffle for visitation. I felt somewhere in the middle I'm sure, and probably longed for that same image Annie did.

Or maybe I just liked how she sat up high in that window and took care of Molly when she had a nightmare.

I don't quite know where I am going with this, probably a whole lot of nowhere, but well, it's what came to mind tonight with the thought of maybe. Man, I loved that movie!

No comments: