Wednesday, May 18, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Maybe, Day 18

I had a meeting to begin to plan a funeral that will take place Memorial Day weekend when I'm back from my time off. I was reminded in that meeting how unique my job is tha I get to walk into very intimate times with people I would otherwise have never even met. It's so very cool. I mentioned in a sermon or in worship a few weeks ago the sense of wanting to take off my shoes for I am walking on holy ground. Ever since I thought of that when talking about preaching, I've been thinking about it more and more. It feels like that sentiment fits so many different situations in my life, not just in the church, but at home, at the Y, even in the school or daycare somewhere. Maybe it's because the holy is in all of these things. Maybe for some reason I'm just in tune more to the presence of the divine, the Holy Spirit, than I have been in the past. That's what it feels like. It feels like I'm sensing the holy in the ordinary. I've heard people say that, but never really got it so pardon me if this sounds ridiculous. I'm sort of in awe of the experience and just filled with gratitude for it.

No comments: