Monday, May 16, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Maybe, Day 16

My boy is back! Godzilla made it home from the farm this afternoon, and I was so excited. Maybe I did miss him after all. :) It was weird because I didn't feel horrible while he was gone. In fact I felt guilty that I was sort of enjoying the peace and the ease in the family dynamics without him. I mean I felt REALLY guilty about that. But when I saw Grandma's car parked in front of our house when I got home and then I heard him screaming, "Mooooooooooommyyyyyyyy!" to me as he ran over from across the street I was overjoyed. It was glorious.

He was having a hard time settling down in bed even though he was really tired. I climbed next to him on the bed and told him I had to give him all the kisses I missed. He told me to get off so he could get his blanket up right. I did and started to leave the room, and he said, "No, Mom, now you can sleep here next to me tonight." Loved it. Almost took him up on it.

I need to bookmark this post to read again (tomorrow?) when he's driving me bonkers again.

No comments: