Sunday, May 15, 2011

NaBloPoMo: Maybe, Day 15

This vacation coming up this week is just. in. time. Maybe it's a little bit late actually, but at least it's happening. Now that I've gone public and put my real name on this blog I have to use that dreaded phrase "unbloggable." I've got a few of those things going on. Oy vey. For real. I mean, it's nothing major that I going tear the church apart, but we've got a couple of small to medium fires burning that all need to be managed and quickly. I've got 2 days in the office this week, so I pray that I'll be able to handle them in that time. I don't want things hanging unfinished over the week off.

And I'm tired. My creative juices are running dry. My confidence in my ability to preach a word from God is pretty low. It's not that I think I can't ever do it. It's that I think I can't do it right now. Hopefully the week is enough, but if not I'm looking forward to two straight weeks in July and August. That will rock my world. Actually, I'm also kind of hoping for a random Sunday off in June if I get selected for a jury!!! I can pray.

1 comment:

Common Household Mom said...

This is such a busy time of year - I hope you truly get true vacation! I'm hoping and praying that you will be able to deal with the 'fires' so that you can really enjoy the time off. And I have to say, this is the first time I have ever heard of someone hoping for jury duty.