Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday Five Word Association

From Songbird at the RevGals: It's been a busy week for me, trying to get back into the routine after a post-Easter vacation. (How did it get to be Easter 3?) So to keep it simple, here's a Word Association Friday Five, with a bonus twist for those feeling creative. First, for each of these five words -- all of which remind me of my *most* excellent vacation -- share the first word that comes to mind when you read it.

1) Airport - Atlanta
2) Baseball - Orioles
3) Art - Museum
4) Chocolate - Pastry
5) Grill - Spain

Bonus: Tell us a story that comes to mind based on one of the word pairs.

Wow! For some reason as soon as I glanced at the list of words I started thinking of my father, my bio-dad. I don't refer to him much because he has been dead for a few years and usually when I'm talking about my dad, currently or even in older stories, I'm talking about my stepdad, but those words and therefore my answers brought him to mind. I guess because they are vacation words, and summer vacations as a kid meant flying to see my father, including flying overseas a number of years when he lived in Germany while we lived in Florida. One summer we spent a month in Spain which is where the grill comes from. Most nights we cooked on the grill on the back porch of our rental house. When I get to season them I still season steaks the way my dad did several times a week on that trip, simply, with pepper, seasoned salt, and rubbed down with crushed garlic. No big stories, just a general impression.

Thanks for the nice easy one! It's been a while since I have played since Fridays are busy days with my kids who are home. I'm on my own today so it was nice to pop in!

3 comments:

Songbird said...

What a great memory, thanks for sharing it. Glad you played!

Common Household Mom said...

I'm probably supposed to post this on my own blog, but I'll just put it here:

1) Airport - St Louis (was there 1 week before the tornado)
2) Baseball - bobble-headed dolls
3) Art - homemade, using peeps
4) Chocolate - dark
5) Grill - AP tests

Thanks for letting me play!

1-4 Grace said...

Neat story. And yay for Atlanta airport. Brings back memories of flying home from many places.