Monday, August 16, 2010

Praise the Lord

"Praise God, you servants of the LORD, you who minister in the house of the LORD, in the courts of the house of our God." (Ps. 135:1b, 2)

OK! No better first reading for an attempt at renewing my spiritual disciplines than a direct command to praise God! I get the message! I get the message! I love this psalms just listing of the things for which God can be praised, the telling of the stories not in any great detail, but in a way that highlights the consistency, constancy (Is that word?), the sheer overwhelming number of God's blessings in our lives and in our history.

Praise God, you minister! OK, here I go:
1. God has blessed me with 3 beautiful and healthy children. I love my kiddos, and my Pearl is on my heart today as she starts daycare.
2. My husband is a gift of stability and wisdom and love in my life.
3. The beauty and symbols of butterflies made me smile on the way into the building.
4. The noise coming from down the hall where secular ministry is taking place with people with disabilities is joyful.
5. God raised up this congregation out of it's former despair.
6. Jesus walks with me in my ministry.
7. The Spirit breathed life into me while I was away.

Praise God! Praise God whose name endures forever.

No comments: