Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lenten Discipline: Fail

OK, so that's a little strong, but so far it is going not so good. I keep losing my little book! Now a more disciplined person would find something else to use in the meantime just to keep with it, but we have established that I'm doing this because I am already NOT a disciplined person. I also have a hard time just cutting myself some slack and picking up with today. So, even though I am easily a week behind, I'm still going to try to catch up. I actually like my book (although the "God be in my head, and in my understanding" week was a little rough for me), so I don't want to miss any of the devotions. I'm thinking of attempting two a day for a while to get caught up. They will probably be shorter reflections, but I don't want to get out of order or skip anything good. In fact they may simply be my prayers after the reading. I've done that once or twice already. Either way, I'm going to get back on track (and maybe make a photocopy of the rest of the book so one copy is always at church and one copy is always at home). I am back-dating those posts, so the recent ones may get hidden in the other posts here. I'm re-starting today with The Second Sunday in Lent, February 28th.

No comments: