Monday, March 1, 2010

Holy Bed

Psalm 96:9 "Worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness."

Lately my bed has become the most beautiful place I know, if we're talking about places that are unconventionally beautiful because of the sense of holiness they radiate. My favorite time of day has become about 6:35 a.m. when the kids come running down the stairs to climb in bed with me. Monday-Friday my husband is already gone by this time, yet even though we have a king sized bed, both LadyPrincess and Godzilla climb up on either side of me so that all 3 of us share one pillow. We are packed in so tight, like my mom used to say on a busy day at Disney World, "bellybutton to asshole." (Pardon if any are offended.) As my belly gets bigger and #3 is beginning to make his or her presence more known it gets a even tighter. I lie on my side and cuddle with one kid for a 9 minute snooze cycle, then flip over to the other for the next 9 minute cycle. The number of flips depends on how motivated I am to actually get out of this holy snuggle and take a shower. I tell you, my bed is the most beautiful place I know!

Prayer: Mother and Father God, Thank you for my children. Thank you for their snuggles and wet kisses and even those tight choking hugs that sometimes just won't end. Thank you for the holiness we share each morning and the life we share each day. Thank you for the beauty of our family's life together. Amen.

No comments: