Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Law of Blessing

"Open my eyes, that I may see the wonders fo your law." Psalm 119:18
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God." Matthew 5:9

Jesus, I want to be a peacemaker. I want to have your wisdom of when to speak and when to keep silent. I want to know when to move forward against obstacles and when to let obstacles topple themselves with their rigidity. I want to know how to ask the right question, lead the discussion in the right direction, and teach the right lesson at the right time to move people forward together instead of at odds with one another. I want to know how to speak the truth in love.

Jesus, I want to be a peacemaker, not to smooth things over, but to help us move closer to you and your will as a united body. I know it's not easy work, and I don't expect it to be, but I want to know how to do it. I want to know, though, what I can do, what I need to learn to be a peacemaker in your name, in your church.

Speak, Lord, for your child is listening. Amen.

No comments: