Saturday, February 20, 2010

Counting My Blessings

Psalm 39:4

I have had a bit of a grumpy afternoon, so the suggestion of counting my blessings for today is probably a bit of divine intervention.

I woke up healthy and sort of rested.

The baby is kicking.

A few more participants showed up a church for the planning session than I was expecting.

Everyone participated.

There is energy and passion in the area of spiritual growth.

The session agreed to meet again soon, outside of a regular meeting.

Lots of folks pitched to help with set up and clean up.

My kids are happy and healthy.

We had good family time tonight.

I am able to (can afford to) let them ride rides at Mall of America.

They are sweet and polite enough to be happy with just 2 rides each.

Sweet baby boy kisses, even though he's not a baby anymore.

A big girl who asks good questions, tries to tell jokes, and still wants to give a hug at the end of the night.

My electric blanket.

Prayer: Thank you, God, for asking me to pause and see what's going on in my life and in my day. Thank you, God, for blessing me in diverse ways. Thank you, God, for all of my days and the people I love with whom I share them. Thank you, God. Amen

No comments: