Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Five: Trains, Planes, and Automobiles

Songbird left us with a fun Friday Five as she hit the road on a trip of her own. Here's my play.

1) What was the mode of transit for your last trip?
The fam and I took a plane to FL to visit my side of the extended family in November.

2) Have you ever traveled by train?
When my family moved from Maryland to Florida when I was 7, we did it by train. I've taken other train trips when traveling, but that was the longest extended trip.

3) Do you live in a place with public transit, and if so, do you use it?
Not really. It exists in the larger cities nearby, but I would have to drive just as far to get to a stop as I usually need to drive to get where I'm going when I go in.

4) What's the most unusual vehicle in which you've ever traveled?
Well, maybe the vehicle itself wasn't too unusual, but it is definitely the mode of transportation that has been imprinted on my mind the deepest - - the matatus in Kenya. Holy cow. These little Nissan or Toyota mini-bus things, that are maybe built to hold 15-ish people cozily. I never rode one with any less than 18 people in it, not including the people hanging on the outside!
5) What's the next trip you're planning to take?
We're not too original. We're heading back to FL in March! This one isn't to visit my family, although I'm sure we'll see them at least once while there. We're meeting up with my husband's family this time to do the Mouse House.

1 comment:

angela said...

wow--love the description and picture of the kenya bus--reminds me that we don't plan and appreciate the freedom and waste of our one car per person country.