Friday, December 4, 2009

Friday Five Do Nothing Edition

Sally at RevGals posted this Friday Five:

I am reading a wonderful little book for Advent it's title: "Do nothing Christmas is Coming!" So this weeks Friday Five is simple. List Five things you won't be doing to prepare for Christmas. And while you are doing nothing play the bonus, put your feet up and listen to your favourite Advent Carol, and post it or a link to it.... Simple!

This year at Christmas I will not:
1. be putting lights up outside. I don't care that much. It's cold, and we live at the dead end of a street so no one sees them anyway.

2. make a gingerbread houses. I don't usually anyway, but I have on occasion when visiting my sister at the holidays. I greatly dislike that activity.

3. pack or travel. Yea!!! We have declared this our first stay-at-home Christmas. My husband and I have travelled to one set of parents or the other every year since we have been married, but this year we put our collective foot down and decided to stay at home and do Christmas with our kids in our house. I'm very excited.

4. taking the Sunday after Christmas off.

5. setting out all my nativities. I couldn't last year either, and won't for a while. Our "new" house just doesn't have the space for displaying my collection, so this one I'm kind of sad about. I can only put out one, MAYbe two, and I have a BUNCH.

For my favorite Christmas hymn, "O Come All Ye Faithful." I've never heard that 2nd stanza before and kind of a cheesy staging, but I like the pretty solidly traditional performance here. (My 2 1/2 year old son, Godzilla, just joined me during the screening and said, "Those are princesses!")

No comments: