Saturday, July 4, 2009

Friday Five: What's in the closet?

Sally gave us this Friday Five at the RevGals.
In readiness for my move in 6 weeks time I spent almost all of yesterday morning sorting through my wardrobe ( closet, I am so British :-) marvelling at how I had accumulated so much stuff! The result is three large sacks full of clothes to be given away. Some came into the category of " what was I thinking", some too big now ( at last), and others I will never shrink into again. Some are going simply because I want to streamline my wardrobe.

So how about you:

1. Are you a hoarder, or are you good at sorting and clearing? HORRIBLE hoarder

2. What is the oddest garment you possess and why? Thought this said "oldest" when I first read it. That would be a sweatshirt I got back when American Eagle Outfitters was still an outfitter. A gift from my dad when I was in the 8th grade - 20 years ago. It's age and the fact that I still wear it (although not in public) probably makes it the oddest thing, too. I also have this fleece sleep sack thing. WAY better than those trendy blankets with arm holes. 

3. Do you have a favourite look/ colour? Don't know about a favorite look, but I will buy just about anything red that comes close to fitting. The old ladies at the church I belonged to in college ALWAYS complimented me when I wore red and that has stuck with me.

4. Thrift/ Charity shops, love them or hate them? I would love to love them, but I am just too lazy of a shopper. I love shopping, but I have no patience for sifting through things, and there's the part of me that just can't get past the part of not knowing if the clothes are REALLY clean. I know it's irrational.

5. Money is no object, what one item would you buy? A beautiful cashmere sweater. Love it, but I just can't bring myself to spend the money on it - - especially since I'm still in the "kids spilling junk on me" portion of life.

No comments: