Friday, July 24, 2009

Friday Five: The Perfect Church

Singing Owl gave us this fun Friday Five at RevGals. I'm taking a break from a cleaning frenzy to do it. I just can't resist.

Please pardon me for talking about church in the summer when many of you may be on vacation. However, the church we are talking about today is the one you dream of. I've been thinking about this because I miss pastoring and preaching, because I am sending in resumes, and because...well...just because. So have some fun with this. Tell us five things that the perfect church would have, be, do...whatever.

We can dream, right?


1. Self-cleaning walls and carpets, so no one has to worry about whether or not the kids will mess the place up.

2. All front row parking.

3. Really deep collection plates so there is room for all the offering that is collected each week.

4. A phone line just for receiving volunteer sign-ups. So that it doesn't tie up the other line.

5. A time warp so all ages can worship, fellowship, and participate in education, but still "get out" in an hour.

Thanks Singing Owl!

7 comments:

Diane said...

yours is perfect! Thanks for the "play"!

Purple said...

These are great.

leafmonster said...

My list would include a willing list of volunteers who will readily sign up to make the coffee for our Adult Education class. And an already completed sign-up sheet for the whole year!

Somehow I am in charge of making the coffee, and I don't even drink the stuff.

She Rev said...

Funny - I refuse to learn how to make coffee for that exact reason.

SingingOwl said...

Well HOO-RAY! This is the kind of stuff I expected, actually,instead of everyone being so serious. And these are all really funny! :-)

Sarah said...

Love it! Especially the "get it in" in an hour part -- why are people so obsessed with that?!?! Is it really such drudgery??? :P

1-4 Grace said...

congrats on another successful party. You rock, girl!