Monday, May 18, 2009

RevGals Interview, revisited

1. Where do you blog? She Rev Writes

2. What are your favorite non-revgal blog pal blogs?
Graceful Like a Chicken A friend I grew up with and have reconnected with since we now live 45 minutes apart and 1500 miles from our hometown.
The Daily Juggle The moms of the Pioneer Press newsroom blog about being moms, not newswomen. There tend to be a lot of posts about being a working mom which I also am. And one of the writers was a regular attender of my new church until she moved to Oregon in August. If you check it out, I baptized "Goldie" when she was 2 weeks old!
Beauty Tips for Ministers I'm sure I found out about this one from some RevGal. It's exactly what it's called - posts about how NOT to slip into frumpy girl-pastorhood, but also keep it professional and appropriate. A LOT of humor about it all, too. I don't always agree with PeaceBang. I'm OK with no make-up and old comfortable jeans on a day off with the family that MIGHT take me to the grocery store, but I can agree to disagree and move on. Can't wait to she comes back from sabbatical on May 30.

3. What gives you joy?
In any arena of my life, feeling like I did exactly what I was created to do.

4. What is your favorite sound?
At about 5:00 p.m. the kids playing HAPPILY.
At about 8:00 p.m., the theme song of a favorite TV show.

5. What do you hope to hear once you enter the pearly gates?
Do I have to believe in pearly gates to answer this one??? No, no! I've got it. "The chocolate peanut butter ice cream is served right over here."

6. You have up to 15 words, what would you put on your tombstone?
I have to say, I don't really like tombstones with sayings or a whole lot of writing on them. Maybe just:
My name: 3 words
Wife, mother, daughter, sister, grandmother (???), friend
Child of God

7. Write the first sentence of your own great American novel.
Looking into the rearview mirror as she pulled out into traffic, Margaret was satisfied with her leaving, yet unsure of where she was going.

8. What color do you prefer your pen?
blue

9. What magazines do you subscribe too?
Christian Century
National Geographic

10. What is something you want to achieve in this decade?
Disclaimer: I'm putting now at the start of the decade, so in the next 10 years, not by the end of 2010.
1. Mother of 3 - 2/3 of the way there
2. DMin student or graduate, depending on how the whole family is impacted by #1.

11. Why are you cool?
Not so cool. But I'll play along. I play the bass. No doubting the coolness factor of that!

12. What is one of your favorite memories?
Hiking in Petra, Jordan

13. Anything else you've always wanted to be asked?
If you knew now, what you didn't know then, what would you have done different?
I wish I had known about volleyball when I was growing up. I mean, we had it, but I didn't know much about it. I was hopelessly unathletic even though I played soccer (mediocre) for a number of years, and although I am tall I sat the bench on the 9th grade basketball team. I think if I had known about volleyball I may have been OK at it and maybe even have been healthier because of it.

2 comments:

mompriest said...

Thank you She Rev for this interview. I really enjoyed our time together. Oh, and you are cool - and the bass playing just enhances that coolness factor!

angela said...

I really enjoyed your answers. If I hadn't fooled around, many of mine would have been similar. :)