Saturday, May 30, 2009

Friday Five: The Big To-Do

Kathrynzj at RevGals gave us this Friday Five:
Here is your chance to get it out into the open and OWN your Big To-Do! Who knows? Maybe making the list will help you move the Big To-Do to the Big Ta-Da!

1) What home fix-it project is on your Big To-Do?
2) What event (fun or work) is on your Big To-Do?
3) What trip is on your Big To-Do?
4) What do you wish was on someone ELSE's (partner, family member, celebrity, etc...) Big To-Do?
5) Getting inspired? What may end this summer having moved from the Big To-Do to the Big Ta-da?


1. Home fix-it - - Hmmmm...we're sort of working this out among the family. I would love to work on inside decorating stuff - replacing the nasty carpet left by the previous owner when we moved in 18 months ago with wood of some sort, painting the 1972 wood paneling in the living room, maybe starting to move the two kids into a shared bedroom (not sure about that one, though). My husband wants to begin working on the outside landscaping of our property. That's a MUCH BIGGER ticket item, though, that will certainly involve borrowing money and messing with our mortgage. That part sounds daunting to me.

2. Event - - Synod School. I'm a Presby-geek and looking forward to a week family camp/conference at the end of July. I think this is the last year I feel like I can go without doing some "giving back." I'll volunteer to lead or teach something next time, but this year I still just want to pay to go and have no responsibilities!!! The kids and I are going and my mom is flying up from Florida to come, too. My husband doesn't get enough time off of work to come with us.

3. Trip - - We've got a couple planned. A trip back to the in-law's farm for a family birthday will be a good one, but the week after that I head to the Washington Island forum with a best friend. A week in a gorgeous B&B, music by John Bell, a good friend, beautiful surroundings. Should be awesome.

4. Someone else's list - - I SO don't want to be wrapped up in this, and I hate that I'm even commenting on it, but I can't help it. I sure hope Jon & Kate find a good marriage and family therapist this summer. Maybe they're already trying it and that just doesn't make the news (I pray there is SOMETHING not making the news), but I just think they could benefit from some good outside help. I also hope TLC gets at least HALF a heart and someone let's contracts be damned and the show is cancelled so they can work their stuff out without stupid cameras watching them.

5. Get it done - - I think I will actually do some cleaning and sorting this summer. My clothes can use a serious weeding, so that kind of organizational stuff could really happen this time throughout the house. I'd be happy if it's just my own stuff, though.

No comments: