Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Cloud of Witnesses


With a blatant borrow/steal/slight change from rev. k.t. at RevGals Tuesday Leanings I spent much of my evening making this banner for worship tomorrow. My daughter and I laid all the belled ribbons out tonight just to see what it will look like tomorrow when it's more fully complete. Instead of a regular sermon I plan to just touch on the texts VERY briefly, then let folks write the name of a saint in their lives (I think I'll extend it to living or dead, but the original plan was people they have lost) then come forward (as they are able) to pin the ribbon to the banner in worship. Another staff member and I will be there to help pin the ribbons and if they wish they can speak the name of their saint. I'll close the remembrance time with a prayer naming those within our congregation who died this year.

I'm very excited about this and am feeling really crafty!!!

3 comments:

Rev. K.T. said...

Oh, it's beautiful!!!! I think I like it better than mine! Peace.

She Rev said...

Thanks! I'm pretty excited about it.

will smama said...

Hi she rev -

I noticed from your preacher party comments that you know the Tuttle's. We were just emailed an update, and of course I can't tell if you are on the list or not. Email me and I will get it to you if you would like.

Enjoy the Keys!

preacherbloggerprocrastinator(at)blogspot(dot)com