Friday, October 24, 2008

Friday Five

Will I ever blog a regular blog again?

Here's today's Friday Five from RevGals courtesy of Singing Owl:

This post is about locations. My husband has lived at 64 addresses in his life so far (16 with me) and he suggested the topic since we have moving trucks on our minds.

Therefore, tell us about the five favorite places you have lived in your lifetime. What did you like? What kind of place was it? Anything special happen there?

1. Right here - upper Midwest, Twin Cities area. I've only been here 10 months now, so I haven't actually done a full fall/winter cycle, but I'll take ANYTHING for the gorgeous summer we had. I love the leaves. I even love snow. I love the hills. I love the water. This is my #1 so far!

2. Lower Midwest/Plains. That's where my first call was, and it's where I met my husband, had my children (so far), started my "real" adult life (seminary after college didn't count). I learned about farming, experienced the cycles of the earth, enjoyed real season.

3. Atlanta. Seminary. I LOVED the city. I LOVED the variety of life and activities. I even sort of loved traffic. Time stuck in a car with NO OTHER responsibilities. Songs to sing and books to listen to!

4. Virginia. College. The setting was picturesque and the people were the best. It's really all about the people - - my life's best friends.

5. Maryland - Don't remember much. We moved to Florida when I was 7. But I knew seasons and I knew I loved them.

1 comment:

mompriest said...

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my sermon. Many prayers and blessings for you in your new ministry!