Sunday, October 19, 2008

Friday Five

I've been such a slacker with the blog lately. Not good. Here's Friday's Five even though it's Sunday. It was a fun easy one!

Songbird at RevGals writes:
Well, Gals and Pals, this weekend we'll be rendering unto Caesar what is Caesar's, and that has me thinking about coinage.

1) When was the last time you flipped a coin or even saw one flipped in person?
I cannot even remember. It's been AGES!!!

2) Do you have any foreign coins in your house? If so, where are they from?
Lots of foreign coins around here. Ghana, Kenya, Hungary, Germany, some Euros are the "for sures".

3) A penny saved is a penny earned, they say. But let's get serious. Is there a special place in heaven for pennies, or do you think they'll find a special place in, well, the other place?
Hell. Weighing down the purses women are doomed to carry forever.

4) How much did you get from the tooth fairy when you were a child? and if you have children of your own, do they get coins, or paper money? (I hear there may be some inflation.)
I can remember getting a quarter or fifty cents for my earliest teeth, but it moved up to paper money by the time I lost my last one. Molars were bringing $5 or so. My last tooth brought in a $20, though, because the tooth fairy made the mistake of digging through the wallet in the dark. I definitely knew better by that time, and there was no way I was giving it back!

5) Did anyone in your household collect the state quarters? And did anyone in your household manage to sustain the interest required to stick with it?
My husband has collected them, but he ordered the set each year so they come automatically. We don't dig for them through our own change. I think it's silly, but it makes him happy. Whatever.

No comments: