Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Five

Songbird asked us these questions about dates:

1) Datebooks--how do you keep track of your appointments? Electronically? On paper? Month at a glance? Week at a glance?
I'm a paper girl. I just carry around a regular, spiral-bound (denominationally-produced) calendar. My husband and I tried to go to cheap-o Palm Pilots when I was in my last church. It worked there. But once I went on maternity leave and then changed churches we never went back to them. They are sitting plugged in on the kitchen counter in case we are so moved, but they've been there for 8 months, so I doubt we'll grab them any time soon. Our life was simplified when we moved here, so really I'm the only one with a regularly checked calendar.
2) When was the last time you forgot an important date?
A few weeks ago the secretary and I decided to go out to lunch, and I completely forgot I had a meeting with a family to plan a funeral. The death was several months before and the appointment had been on my calendar forever. I flat out didn't check my calendar that morning and too my sweet time at lunch. I was like 45 minutes late. Horrendously embarrassing!

3) When was the last time you went OUT on a date?
Actually, my husband and I went on a bruch river cruise and to the local theater production of Grease just about 3 weeks ago. Before that???? Literally almost a year. We're not so good at that making time for us thing.

4) Name one accessory or item of clothing you love even though it is dated.
A scrunchy for my hair. They just feel better around a ponytail at the gym and don't break my hair. My older sister the fashionista totally shamed me about still owning some the last time I visited her. Now they're all hidden in the dark recesses of my bathroom drawers.

5) Dates--the fruit--can't live with 'em? Or can't live without 'em?
No desire to live with 'em whatsoever.

1 comment:

Songbird said...

It's never too late to re-commit to the dating thing!