Friday, August 15, 2008

Early sermon

I am going to bed on a Friday night at a relatively decent hour with a sermon written. This is unheard of for me. I mean NEVER in my ministry that I can recall has a sermon been done on a Friday. ONCE I got one finished before midnight on Saturday, but never on a Friday.

I have to say that this weekday writing takes MUCH more time than Saturday night/Sunday morning writing. I don't know that I like the result very much either. It was a lot harder to accomplish, and I don't know that the quality was worth the attempt. I don't know how I feel about the whole thing and especially my tone. I sure do write different in daylight hours. I don't know if I like the result yet. I don't think I'm very objective. It's definitely different, but I'm not going to scrap it. I worked too hard to make this happen!

I guess I'll still have the opportunity to tweak it tomorrow as needed, but for the most part it's done.

Wow.

That part does feel good, but if I'm sacrificing my comfort in what is written for the feeling of being done early, I don't know if it's worth it. We'll see. I still need to finish (OK start) learning the Scripture for the story telling portion of worship. This is going to be a fun one since I'm on the Peter walking on water, Jesus calming the sea story. It's a good one for storytelling.

No comments: