Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Five

RevHRod got us thinking about blog names/identities with these questions. Several of them I've covered myself in other posts, so I'll link to those.

1. So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog?
Can't find where I posted it elsewhere, must have been in someone's comments some time, but She Rev is what my Catholic best friend and her mother dubbed me when I was ordained. Nothing too much more exciting than that.

2. Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there?
Meet the Fam

3. What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun?
I just discovered today that one of my best friend's from growing up has a FANTASTIC blog, and the name cracks me up. Graceful Like a Chicken

4. What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals blog of course!
Newly devoted to Graceful Like a Chicken.
I'm a fan of Juniper's blog.
Another new one, but I will stay active on in reading and posting is the PC(USA) moderator's blog.


5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why?
Really the RevGalBlogPals blog site did. I had heard of it obviously, but I hadn't read any at all or really been interested. I found RevGals from textweek.com, first reading the Tuesday posts, then joining on Saturday nights/Sunday mornings. Honestly, though, I didn't get it at first that you all had your own blogs for a little while. After a little bit of that (occasionally since at the time I was an associate pastor and I wasn't around much) I found the blogs and decided I'd get started on my own when I took my new call so that I could officially join this GREAT group of women officially!!!

Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you've met these fun folks?
I was at the meet up at the Festival of Homiletics, so I met some of the ladies there. I discovered I knew one in real life pretty well, and had met another around our Synod, but didn't know it until then. That was fun!

2 comments:

RevHRod said...

Thanks for a fun play! It's neat to know that She Rev was a gifted name.

Songbird said...

It's a good story. You really dove in with us! Thanks for keeping our preacher party comment totals high!!!