Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Getting back on track

Funny - - when I started this blog in January I thought it would be more for posts like this, lectionary thoughts, initial sermon musings. I think I still want it to be, but it seems to be wandering in no particular direction lately. I think I'm still trying to find my "font". I think that's like trying to find your voice.

Today, after a not so great experience preaching on Sunday (the delivery was OK, and I thought the sermon, although written late, was pretty good, but I wasn't feeling it with the congregation in the preaching moment), I am really thinking I need to put more of my effort on earlier in the week. I will probably always still be a Saturday writer, but in my better weeks that writing actually happens very quickly because I have some much of the sermon already "composed" in my head and my heart. That habit has been drifting away, and I need to recover it. Today is my attempt to do that again.

No comments: