Friday, May 2, 2008

Friday Five

Sally write: Prayer is a joy to some of us, and a chore to others, waiting likewise can be filled with anticipation or anxiety....

So how do you wait and pray?

1. How do you pray best, alone or with others?
Alone. With others I end up listening not praying if that makes sense. I don't keep a prayerful attitude or focus with others.

2. Do you enjoy the discipline of waiting, is it a time of anticipation or anxiety?
Time of anticipation for sure. I was the WORST engaged woman ever. Once we knew we were getting married I saw NO POINT to waiting around to get the married life going - - not even in THAT way, I mean. I had the same problem being pregnant. Once I got the positive tests I was ready for the babies. Nine months? Are you kidding?

3. Is there a time when you have waited upon God for a specific promise?
I don't know how to describe it very well, but I would say I was waiting all through high school for a new start that I felt was promised by God. I knew that if I was myself and didn't try to be something that I wasn't I would know the blessing of friendships, but that didn't happen in high school. I had to wait it out until I was in college to feel the new life I knew God wanted me to have.

4. Do you prefer stillness or action?
Action

5. If ( and this is slightly tongue in cheek) you were promised one gift spiritual or otherwise what would you choose to recieve?
I tried to be all deep and meaningful, but you know? I'd really just like to be able to sing beautifully. I can carry a tune and read music, but I wouldn't say it sounds beautiful. That would be nice.

1 comment:

mamaS said...

Wow. Your answer to number 3 struck a chord with me. That's my story too, although I wouldn't have been even able to articulate a hope for deep friendships in high school.